NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The financial reform bill, a China-Taiwan deal and the earnings of a major agricultural company will have a bearing this week kon a number of ETFs.
Market Vectors Agribusiness (MOO)
Monsanto (MON) reports earnings on Wednesday and analysts are looking for 80 cents a share, which is about half of the estimate from three months ago and down 40% from estimates from a month earlier.
Generic competition for its Round-Up weed killer, plus increased natural resistance to the formula, has hit the company this year.
Monsanto's stock performance has been negative all year long, leading to a 40% drop in shares. MOO hasn't fared much better, having performed weakly all year before turning negative in late April. MOO is well above its lows from 2009, unlike Monsanto, which is at new lows, but shares still look weak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV