Another big player in the REIT market is W.P. Carey (WPC), a commercial real estate company that leases its properties for profit and advises a number of REITs through its investment management arm. W. P. Carey's management announced a modest dividend last week, raising its payouts 0.4% to 50.6 cents per share -- a sizable 7.29% dividend yield.
That generous yield should come as little surprise to investors. With net margins deep in the double digits, a healthy balance sheet and industry-leading cash flows, this $1.09 billion company manages to make plenty of money for its owners -- and still deliver growth over the long term.
One of those owners is Tom Gayner, who owns a sizable stake in W. P. Carey through the asset management firm that bares his name. Other holdings of Markel Gayner Asset Management include Citigroup (C) and Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV