NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- A fresh analysis of publicly-traded U.S. bank and thrift holding companies by TheStreet highlights another 10 bank stocks with attractive dividend yields.
An earlier feature on Six Bank Stocks with Solid Dividends was limited to selected names with higher trading volume.
The market has pulled back since that piece was published on May 19, and it seems those names are even more attractive now. Shares of the highly efficient and conservative Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK) closed at $12.68 Thursday, with shares yielding 4.73%. Peoples United Financial (PBCT) saw its yield increase to 4.47%, as shares pulled back to close at $13.87 Thursday, and First Niagara Financial (FNFG) also pulled back, to $12.84, with shares now yielding 4.37%.
To come up with this new list of ten more solid bank and thrift stocks with attractive dividend yields, we again started with first-quarter regulatory data and market data from Thursday's close provided by SNL Financial, paring down the list using the following criteria:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV