NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Has the financial system been reformed yet?
Reading the news, you'd think something momentous had happened.
The New York Times calls it "the biggest overhaul of financial regulations since the Great Depression." Bloomberg goes out on a limb and calls it "the most sweeping overhaul of U.S. financial regulation since the Great Depression." The Wall Street Journal showed more restraint, but still stated that the legislation coming out of Congress will "transform financial regulation." Reuters couldn't find a way to avoid using the word "overhaul" in its lede, but, to its credit, got in a subtle dig in the second paragraph, saying it "may crimp the industry's profits."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV