|A new black iPhone 4|
Just as the Apple iPhone 4 went on sale Thursday, there came news of iPhone 4 problems. Numerous reports on knit-picky little blog sites like Gizmodo claimed that signal reception dropped off dramatically when people held the phone.
The complaints are a total affront to Apple, which redesigned the iPhone and specifically the antenna in part so that it could compensate for the weak performance of AT&T's network. But let's be clear, this is not an antenna issue, it's a problem with you, the user. Apple's response has been direct and simple. "Avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band," Apple said in a widely-reported statement. The message here: Stop holding the phone like you would if you were making a call. And if you have to hold the phone, do it right, you loser. This isn't a hardware issue requiring a massive recall. This isn't a software fix. This is consumer education issue, and the quicker you learn the better. Sure, there are those ugly covers and bumpers you can buy if you insist on holding the iPhone. And you know what? You deserve those hideous bumpers. Because here's the thing -- you certainly don't deserve the iPhone 4. --Written by Scott Moritz in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV