TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on 11 additional U.S. common stocks for June 23, 2010. Ten stocks have been downgraded and two stocks have been upgraded by our stock model.
At Walgreen the net income has decreased by 11.3% in fiscal third quarter when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $522 million to $463 million. Gross profit margin has decrease from the same quarter last year to 29.1% and a quick ratio of 0.69 shows the potential for problems in covering short-term cash needs.
NextEra Energy (FPL), the $20.8 billion market cap electric utility & parent of Florida Power & Light formerly known as FPL Group, was also downgraded to 'Hold' from 'Buy' for June 23, 2010. This coincided with, but was unrelated to, the stock trading under its new New York Stock Exchange symbol of NEE on Wednesday.Week operating cash flow, poor liquidity and high debt were cited by the stock model as drawbacks for NextEra. Beyond the model, the company is making large bets on wind energy, in the face of low natural gas prices, that may prove to be less cost effective than conventional electric utility fuel alternatives. The only upgrade to 'Buy' today was issued to The Children's Place Retail Stores (PLCE). This specialty retailer of children's clothing for kids from birth to age 10 has a market capitalization of $1.3 billion. The model likes the company's strong performing stock as well as revenue & operating cash flow growth, strong liquidity position, and lack of debt. -- Reported by Kevin Baker in Jupiter, Fla.
For additional Investment Research check out our Ratings Research Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV