Manitowoc (MTW) is one of the leaders in cranes which the growing part of the world will need to grow. It's been unfairly beaten up for its moderate Europe exposure and cyclical nature, which is more than priced in. Every time I buy it I remind myself that I'm rewarding management for the good job they've done lowering costs and repaying debt.
Patriot Coal (PCX). I started buying this Tuesday; gotta love it when a stock falls almost $3 for an old mine closure that was expected next year anyway, and that will cost the company maybe 50 cents and maybe much less if they can shift production as they plan.
E-House China (EJ) is selling at giveaway prices and its biggest problem isn't the housing market but what to do with its cash. It's the best way to play China in my opinion. With cheap housing and rapidly rising incomes, there is no China housing bubble, only a great investment opportunity. See my article on E-House from last month.
Intevac (IVAC) (IVAC). $5 per share in cash and investments, $1.50 in cash generation by the end of August from signed backlog, another 1.50 in tangible book beyond cash. Stock at $12 and just shipped their first solar tool that can easily double existing sales... which will benefit from a coming industry upgrade. See my article on Intevac from last April.Bank of America (BAC). Large-cap that should go up 3x+ during this bull market. At the time of publication, Clay Fisher owned MTW, PCX, EJ, IVAC and BAC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV