Although an opportunity may exist in these markets, it is equally important to consider risks such as political instability and weak infrastructure that could hinder economic output and performance. In general, frontier markets are much more volatile and less liquid than markets of the developed or emerging world.
A good way to help protect against these risk is the implementation of an exit strategy that identifies when downward price pressure is likely to be seen in these ETFs. Such a strategy can be found at www.SmartStops.net.
Written by Kevin Grewal in Houston, Tx
At the time of publication, Grewal was long FRN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV