Ameron 2Q Net Income Edges Higher
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) â¿¿ Industrial pipeline maker Ameron International Corp. said Thursday that its second-quarter net income edged higher on strength in its oil and mining businesses in North and South America.
Ameron said it had net income of $9.5 million, or $1.03 per share, for the quarter ended May 31, compared with net income of $9.4 million, or $1.02 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue increased to $136.5 million from $132.9 million in the 2009 second quarter.
The results easily beat Wall Street estimates.Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected net income of 70 cents per share on revenue of $123.5 million. The company said its fiberglass-composite pipe group had second-quarter sales of $64.7 million, an increase of 16 percent, and income of $17.8 million, an 8 percent increase. The company said sales increased in key oilfield and mining markets in North and South America, and marine and offshore energy exploration and production markets remained strong. The improvements offset weakness in the company's infrastructure product group, which has been hurt by the slow residential and commercial construction markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV