Ameron 2Q Net Income Edges Higher
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) â¿¿ Industrial pipeline maker Ameron International Corp. said Thursday that its second-quarter net income edged higher on strength in its oil and mining businesses in North and South America.
Ameron said it had net income of $9.5 million, or $1.03 per share, for the quarter ended May 31, compared with net income of $9.4 million, or $1.02 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue increased to $136.5 million from $132.9 million in the 2009 second quarter.
The results easily beat Wall Street estimates.Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected net income of 70 cents per share on revenue of $123.5 million. The company said its fiberglass-composite pipe group had second-quarter sales of $64.7 million, an increase of 16 percent, and income of $17.8 million, an 8 percent increase. The company said sales increased in key oilfield and mining markets in North and South America, and marine and offshore energy exploration and production markets remained strong. The improvements offset weakness in the company's infrastructure product group, which has been hurt by the slow residential and commercial construction markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV