Cancer Patients Struggling To Afford Care And Pay Bills In Troubled Economy, According To New Poll
"While improving access to care for all Americans will help to make tremendous strides in our ability to reduce death and suffering related to cancer, sustained funding for cancer research is also critical to a comprehensive approach to defeating this disease," said Christopher W. Hansen, president of ACS CAN. "An estimated 1.4 million people will be diagnosed with cancer this year and research holds the key to advances in early detection and treatment so this disease becomes one we can live well with, rather than die from."
ACS CAN is calling on Congress to sustain funding provided last year in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and provide the National Institutes of Health with $35.2 billion, including $5.8 billion for the National Cancer Institute in the FY 2011 Labor, Health and Human Services appropriations bill.
The poll was conducted May 21-June 2 among 1,011 registered voters nationwide by Lake Research Partners and Bellwether Research and Consulting. For a summary of the polling results, visit http://bit.ly/ablkXR.
ACS CAN, the nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy affiliate of the American Cancer Society, supports evidence-based policy and legislative solutions designed to eliminate cancer as a major health problem. ACS CAN works to encourage elected officials and candidates to make cancer a top national priority. ACS CAN gives ordinary people extraordinary power to fight cancer with the training and tools they need to make their voices heard. For more information, visit www.acscan.org.SOURCE American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV