Fraud and the loyalty benefits of the future really stuck it to Subway supporters, who line up each lunch hour for their chance at the free wilting lettuce at the end of the rainbow.
Until 2005, Subway had one of the best rewards programs in the marketplace: the Sub Club, which gave customers a free meal each time their card filled with stamps. Sadly, counterfeiters found the stamps easy to copy, and Subway discovered that you can't track eating habits via cardboard.
In the Sub Club's place, consumers got a system that yielded 1 point per dollar spent and a food-scoring system that makes about as much sense as tennis'. Somehow, it was decided that a $5 footlong was a great return on a $75 investment, with $100 scoring customers a free premium or double-stacked version. After seeing their rewards slimmed to Jared-like proportions, it's easy to understand why Sub Club stalwarts are still steamed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV