Worst: Sofitel Hotels A|Club :
A painfully slow point-building process (7 to 14 points for every $10 spent?), reportedly spotty customer service and a dense list of terms and conditions that, in some cases, can result in your point only being usable in one country make this one of the least customer-friendly rewards programs available.
The matriculation process is quick enough, as entry-level customers get bumped up to the second tier after only 10 nights, but they should get more than a 50% point markup, free drink and "special gift" for their trouble. It's a weak program for a luxury chain with 141 hotels in 40 countries.
-- Reported by Jason Notte in Boston.
Twitter and get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV