2. Tiffany & Co. (TIF) sells fine jewelry.
Quarter: First-quarter profit nearly tripled to $64 million, or 50 cents, as revenue increased 22%. The operating margin widened from 12% to 17%. Tiffany & Co. has $674 million of cash and $760 million of debt, equaling a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.4.
Stock: Tiffany & Co. has risen 69% during the past 12 months, beating U.S. indices. It trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 15, on par with its specialty retail peer average. Its PEG ratio of 0.8 signals a 20% discount to estimated fair value.
Consensus: Of firms covering Tiffany & Co., 16, or 73%, rate its stock "buy" and six rank it "hold." None rate it "sell." Jefferies (JEF) offers a target of $61, leaving a potential return of 38%. HSBC (HBC) speculates that the stock will rise 36% to $60.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV