3. Estee Lauder (EL) sells cosmetics, fragrances and hair-care products.
Quarter: Fiscal third-quarter profit more than doubled to $58 million, or 28 cents, as revenue grew 9.8% to $1.9 billion. The operating margin widened from 5.4% to 7.7%. Estee Lauder has $1.4 billion of cash and $1.4 billion of long-term debt.
Stock: Estee Lauder has risen 16% during the past year, trailing benchmarks. It sells for a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 19, a 17% premium to the industry average. Its PEG ratio of 0.2 indicates an 80% discount to estimated fair value.
Consensus: Of researchers following Estee Lauder, six, or 30%, advocate purchasing its shares and 14 recommend holding them. Caris & Co. offers a target of $82, leaving a potential return of 38%. Piper Jaffray (PJC) predicts that the stock will hit $75.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV