5. Nvidia (NVDA) sells chips for advanced visual displays.
Quarter: Nvidia swung to a first-quarter profit of $138 million, or 23 cents, from a loss of $201 million, or 37 cents, a year earlier. Revenue surged 51%. The operating margin turned positive. Nvidia has $1.8 billion of cash and $24 million of debt.
Stock: Nvidia has returned 9.6% during the past year, trailing benchmarks. It sells for a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 12 and a price-to-sales ratio of 1.9, 20% and 47% discounts to peer averages. It's also cheap based on book value.
Consensus: Of firms covering Nvidia, 11, or 34%, rate its stock "buy," 19 rank it "hold" and two rate it "sell." Raymond James (RJF) expects the stock to more than double to $28. JMP Securities (JMP) predicts that it will command $25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV