6. Bucyrus (BUCY) manufactures mining equipment.
Quarter: First-quarter profit tumbled 38% to $35 million, or 45 cents, as revenue inched up 0.2%. The operating margin tightened from 16% to 14%. Bucyrus has $242 million of cash and $1.5 billion of debt, converting to a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.9.
Stock: Bucyrus has returned 83% during the past 12 months, beating U.S. indices. It trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 10, a 48% discount to the industry average. Its PEG ratio of 0.2 reflects an 80% discount to estimated fair value.
Consensus: Of researchers following Bucyrus, 13, or 72%, advise purchasing its shares and five recommend holding them. Sidoti & Co. values the stock at $95, leaving 84% of potential upside. BMO (BMO) projects that the shares will touch $92.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV