8. Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) explores for copper, silver and gold.
Quarter: First-quarter profit multiplied to $945 million, or $2, as revenue soared 68%. The operating margin rose from 27% to 47%. The balance sheet stores $3.8 billion of cash and $6.1 billion of debt, translating to a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.6.
Stock: Freeport-McMoRan has appreciated 36% during the past year, beating U.S. indices. It trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 7.1, a 54% discount to its peer average. Its PEG ratio of 0.2 reflects an 80% discount to estimated fair value.
Consensus: Of firms covering Freeport, 13, or 65%, rate its stock "buy", six rate it "hold" and one ranks it "sell." Barclays (BCS) predicts that the stock will gain 74% to $120. JPMorgan (JPM) values it at $111, leaving 41% of potential upside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV