American Electric Technologies Names Rick Thompson VP Power Services
HOUSTON, June 21, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Electric Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:AETI) the premium provider of power delivery solutions for the traditional and renewable energy industries, today announced the appointment of Rick Thompson as vice president of power services. This newly created role is focused on accelerating the company's penetration in the industrial and renewable services markets.
Rick Thompson reports directly to AETI's president and CEO, Charles Dauber. Thompson brings 31 years of electrical services experience to AETI, and he joins AETI after 29 years with Dashiell Corporation, a division of Quanta Services (Nasdaq:PWR), that specializes in the design, construction, testing and maintenance of high- and medium-voltage electric facilities. He was most recently director of construction services, where he was responsible for the operations and commissioning for Dashiell's medium-voltage and high voltage projects.
"Rick's work in building up Dashiell's successful testing operations business has given him a reputation for being one of the most successful operations managers in the industry," said Dauber. "We are pleased to welcome Rick to our team, and we are confident that his leadership will enable AETI to maximize opportunities for power services to our traditional and renewable industry markets."Thompson will be responsible for managing the company's Houston and Beaumont, Texas electrical services groups, as well as AETI's North American Renewable Energy Services group. AETI's power services groups include field services and the following in-shop services:
- High-voltage field services:
- Pre-start up services
- Start-up and commissioning/ acceptance testing of collection system and substations up to 500KV
- Electrical preventative maintenance services
- 24 x 7 Emergency response services
- In-house services:
"AETI has a strong reputation in the industrial testing/services market," said Thompson. "By tying together the company's power distribution, power conversion and construction services with its power services, we can truly solve some of our customers' most complex power challenges. I look forward to leading AETI in reaching its maximum market position."
- Breaker retrofits, reconditioning and repair
- Switchgear modifications, upgrades and repair
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV