Silver prices reveresed earlier losses and settled 37 cents lower to $18.80 while copper closed up 5 cents to $2.94.
Gold mining stocks, a more risky but more profitable way to invest in gold, were losing steam. Agnico-Eagle (AU) was down more than 3% to $62.78 while Eldorado Gold (EGO) was losing 2.78% to $17.86. Other gold stock such as Harmony Gold (HMY) and Hecla Mining (HL) were down at $10.17 and $5.69, respectively.
-- Written by Alix Steel in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV