NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It has been a positive week for global markets. Although the eurozone crisis has yet to be averted, news of BP (BP) setting aside $20 billion in an escrow account cheered the markets and offset disappointing housing and jobless claims data.
During the past week, the S&P 500 gained 2.7% while the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.6%. The Shanghai Composite Index rose 1.3%, India's Nifty index was up 3.4% and Brazil's Bovespa gained 2.4%.
A host of emerging market American depositary receipts outperformed the markets, both domestic and foreign. Major gainers include VisionChina Media (VISN), which rose 21.3%. The company is engaged in operating out-of-home advertising networks using real-time mobile digital television broadcasts. Last week, JPMorgan assigned a neutral rating to the stock with price target of $4.10, implying a 31% upside over current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV