What makes this setback funny is that Aspen assured investors that it had designed the AppyScore clinical trial to specifically avoid such data collection problems. Remember, Aspen blamed disappointing results from a previous AppyScore study in part on poor data collection and patients lost to follow up.
Perhaps, AspenBio needs to come up with a new excuse for why AppyScore under-performs.
Unfortunately, Joe, I don't have a good guess for the length of this delay. My gut tells me that the AppyScore results, when they do emerge, will not be strong enough to turn AppyScore into a compelling commercial diagnostic product. That's been my stance on AspenBio for awhile now and last week's news only reinforces my bearish sentiment.
More on Biotech
13 Drugs Facing FDA Approval Decisions
I'm on vacation all next week. Mailbag will return on July 2.-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow Adam Feuerstein on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV