Fannie Mae Launches New Series Of 'Five Step' Guides To Help Educate Homeowners And Potential Home Buyers
WASHINGTON, June 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Fannie Mae (NYSE: FNM) today launched the first three in a series of "Five Step" guides, offering useful information for current homeowners, those interested in purchasing a home and homeowners who may be struggling with their current mortgage. Each guide focuses on a different topic and provides five specific tips.
The first three guides released today provide tips on the following subjects:
- Actions to Take Before Buying a Home - As the housing downturn has shown, homeownership is about more than buying a home. It's important to make sure you can keep your home over the long-term. Fannie Mae offers five steps to help those thinking about buying a home select the right house for them and understand the affordable financing options that can help make homeownership a long-term success.
- How Housing Counselors Can Help – Whether you're thinking about buying a home or you're a current homeowner, Fannie Mae highlights five key ways housing counselors can help make homeownership successful for you. Housing counselors offer professional advice, ensuring you can sustain your home purchase over the long term and providing guidance if unforeseen circumstances make it difficult for you to continue paying your mortgage.
- Protect Yourself from Mortgage Modification Scams – Mortgage modification scams can occur when unscrupulous people prey on borrowers who are struggling to keep their homes. While they promise to help, the people who perpetuate mortgage scams do little to no work, charge excessive fees, and use tactics that often put the homeowner at greater risk of losing their home. If you're modifying your mortgage or facing foreclosure, Fannie Mae offers five keys ways to protect yourself from mortgage rescue scams.
The guides are available at http://www.fanniemae.com/kb/index?page=home&c=fivesteps.
Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Fannie Mae has a federal charter and operates in America's secondary mortgage market to enhance the liquidity of the mortgage market by providing funds to mortgage bankers and other lenders so that they may lend to home buyers. Our job is to help those who house America.SOURCE Fannie Mae
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV