Dividend Stock: Oil-Dri (ODC)
Just two days ago, absorbent product maker Oil-Dri said it was raising its quarterly dividend by a penny to 16 cents a share. The dividend will be payable on Sept. 3 to stockholders of record on Aug. 20. Also worth noting is that the company continues to set new 52-week highs and has soared 45% so far in 2010.
ODC is a micro-cap stock with a market cap of about $160 million, so make sure you protect yourself with a limit order if you're looking to buy this dividend investment. Despite its small size, the high dividend yield of more than 3% makes Oil-Dri a decent income investment for your retirement money if you want to spice up your portfolio with smaller, aggressive picks. And here's a bit of trivia for you: Besides making absorbent products for the industrial, automotive and agricultural industries, Oil-Dri is the world's largest manufacturer or cat litter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV