Newport Bancorp, Inc. Completes Stock Repurchase Program
Newport Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”) (Nasdaq: NFSB), the holding company for Newport Federal Savings Bank, announced today that it has completed its fourth stock repurchase program. The Company acquired 191,508 shares, or 5%, of the Company’s outstanding common stock at an average purchase price of approximately $12.06 per share.
Newport Bancorp, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Federal Savings Bank, a community-oriented financial institution operating six full-service branch locations in Rhode Island. Newport Federal Savings Bank offers a broad array of retail and commercial lending and deposit services.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements which are based on management’s current expectations regarding economic, legislative and regulatory issues that may impact Newport Federal Savings Bank’s earnings in future periods. Factors that could cause future results to vary materially from current management expectations include, but are not limited to, general economic conditions, changes in interest rates, deposit flows, real estate values and competition, changes in accounting principles, policies or guidelines, changes in legislation or regulation and other economic, competitive governmental, regulatory and technological factors affecting Newport Federal Savings Bank’s operations, pricing, products and services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV