AT&T's Latest Lulu
Another week, another AT&T (T) screw-up.
Yep, everybody's favorite iPhone carrier is back on the Dumbest list this week after AT&T customers reported seeing account information of other subscribers while trying to buy the new iPhone 4. A rash of technical errors on the company's Web site also prevented some customers from ordering the latest, greatest version of Apple's (AAPL) smartphone, leading to lines of irate customers outside AT&T stores so that real-life employees could manually process their orders.
Boy, you know things have gone wrong when ordering a gadget online turns into Justin Bieber concertlike pandemonium.In case you missed it, last week iPad users were inflamed after their personal information was exposed due to a network security flaw, and now this week its iPhone users getting the shaft due to more AT&T bungling. It's getting to the point that if you put a lower case i in front of any Apple product then AT&T will drop the ball, or more appropriately, the call. "Because of the incredible interest in iPhone 4, today was the busiest online sales day in AT&T history," the company said in a statement, begging customers for their patience. On the bright side, AT&T will never have a day like this again, but not because it learned something from its latest calamity. We just can't see Apple sticking with them as the sole network provider for iPhone 5, iPad 2, or whatever sequel they roll out next. Dumb-o-meter score: 80 -- Only AT&T could make Apple fans this sour.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV