JDSU Adds Optical Transport Network Capabilities To 100GE Test Suite
MILPITAS, Calif., June 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- JDSU (Nasdaq: JDSU and TSX: JDU) today announced the introduction of additional Optical Transport Network (OTN) capabilities to the industry's most robust 100GE test suite. With its long history of expertise in OTN, JDSU now offers advanced OTU3 (43GE) and OTU4 (112GE) test features to help transport Ethernet over longer distances for high speed networks.
Optical Transport Networks running on OTU3/4 add the framing, management layer and forward error correction (FEC) on top of Ethernet that is needed for longer distance transmission and for OTN management in a carrier network. JDSU offers a complete suite of test solutions that gives service providers the confidence to successfully unlock the performance and revenue potential of 40GE/100GE technology. These solutions enable service providers to adopt and install 40GE, 100GE, and OTU3/4 equipment at critical aggregation points to ensure full and seamless validation and verification of interoperability with current equipment and OTU3/4.
JDSU's fully comprehensive OTU3/4 feature set:
- Provides overhead and payload manipulation as well as monitoring;
- Complements the 40GE/100GE product lines to give complete test coverage;
- Supports comprehensive test features for the new OTL (Optical Channel Transport Lane) layer; and;
- Aligns with JDSU's existing, industry leading OTU1/2/3 products so customers can easily migrate to the faster speeds.
"With the rapid growth of broadband intensive applications such as cloud computing, more service providers are looking to increase network capacity to 40G and 100G," said Lars Friedrich, vice president and general manager in JDSU's Communications Test and Measurement business segment. "The JDSU OTU3/4 feature set will help network equipment manufacturers seamlessly develop, test and produce their next generation long distance transport products to address these critical issues."To learn more about the new feature set and the JDSU 100GE test suite of products, please visit www.jdsu.com. About JDSU
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV