Spain Raises $4.3B in Bond Auction
MADRID -- Spain raised nearly €3.5 billion ($4.3 billion) in an oversubscribed auction of 10- and 30-year Treasury bonds, although at sharply higher interest rates.
Markets were relieved by the result, with the euro and stock markets rising and borrowing costs falling.
The Treasury sold €3 billion in 10-year bonds Thursday at an average interest rate 4.86%, up from 4.045% in the last auction in May.
It sold €479 million in 30-year bonds at an average interest rate of 5.9%, up from 4.8% in March.The Treasury had hoped to issue between €2.5 billion and €3.5 billion in long-term debt. The auctions were oversubscribed 1.89 and 2.45 times, respectively, suggesting investors retain an appetite for Spanish debt but demand a higher yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV