Live U.S. Open Blog: Friday's Action From Pebble Beach
Today, TheStreet covers the action at Pebble Beach, with minute-by-minute coverage of the second round of The U.S. Open, including shot-by-shot coverage of Tiger Woods.
PEBBLE BEACH, Ca. (TheStreet) -- Today, the problem is even more vexing than it was yesterday: It's technically still a weekday. The markets are, technically, still open until 4:00. You, technically, are supposed to be caring about your naked shorts, your Sirius XM (SIRI) shares, and that highly leveraged and now highly questionable long position you took on BP (BP) stock three months ago.
But today also brings the second round of the U.S. Open from Pebble Beach -- and, juding by what we saw during the first round of play, this should be even more fun than watching soulless executives of BP sit and make squirmy faces at congressional hearings. The fairways are hard and fast. The greens are harder and faster. And the spectacular Pacific Ocean that laps at the course? Not actually full of oil!
So kick up your feet, open a browser window to our live U.S. Open blog, and lie to yourself (and your spouse!) that you're monitoring your market positions. It will be our little secret that you're tracking the position of of Tom Watson, and not Watson Pharmaceutical (WPI). Or Paul Casey, as opposed to the Case-Schiller Index. Or Thongchai Jaidee, instead of ... well, there are no publicly traded companies that sound even remotely like Thongchai Jaidee. So, just this once, you'll have to forget about Thongchai Jaidee.-- Written by Ty Wenger from New York Want to relive Thursday's first round? The Bernard Langer jokes? Jim Nantz' fake appearance in the blog? Lots of texting references? Here's the U.S. Open 2010 round-one live blog recap.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV