Top 10 Penny Stocks of 2010
3. Radient Pharmaceuticals (RPC) is an integrated pharmaceutical company, based in Tustin, Calif., focused on cancer and cancer testing. The stock failed to close above $1 after June 5, 2009, finishing the year at 24 cents.
Closing Price: $1.16 (June 16)
Total Return (YTD): 383.9%Developments in 2010: In early April, Radient said it entered into an exclusive five-year collaboration agreement with Jaiva Technologies to conduct clinical trials for Radient's cancer therapy and vaccine technology in India. Radient said its monoclonal antibody test, which it began working on 20 years ago, "may change how people screen for early cancer detection." The stock jumped to a 52-week high of $2.59 before Radient announced a dilutive financing deal, which dropped shares back down to $1. In May, Radient announced a collaboration agreement with Provista Life Sciences for its Onko-Sure cancer test. Valuation: Radient's news releases in April sparked a speculative trading frenzy, which came to a screeching halt when the company capitalized on the rapid increase in share price with the financing deal. The fear of another capital raising on another increase in share price will likely be on the minds of Radient investors. Looking at valuation, Radient offers value on a price-to-book (1.43) and a price-to-sales (2.96) basis, according to Bloomberg. That compares to the average of the pharmaceuticals and biotech sector (5.61 and 35.21, respectively).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV