Combined with the Aussie tax and the European debt crisis, fears of a slower China have contributed to a volatile few weeks in commodities and commodities-linked stocks.
Meanwhile, the ramifications of a piece of domestic policy from a nation on the other side of the planet continued to make global waves. Caterpillar (CAT), for instance, has said that the Aussie mining tax could hurt sales of its giant mining trucks, Reuters reported Tuesday, while the mining-equipment specialist manufacturers, Joy Global (JOYG) and Bucyrus (BUCY), both based in Milwaukee, have said the same.
-- Written by Scott Eden in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV