NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- AtriCure (ATRC) was one of several stocks trading near $5 poised to move on above-average volume Tuesday after the company's heart device received regulatory clearance in the U.S.
AtriCure said the Food and Drug Administration gave clearance to its AtriClip system, which is designed to be implanted from the outside of the heart, avoiding contact with circulating blood and eliminating blood flow between the left atrial appendage and the atria.
AtriCure said the initial launch of the AtriClip system in the U.S. is expected to begin later this month with full commercial release planned during the third quarter of 2010.
AtriCure shares jumped by 92 cents, or 17.6%, to $6.15 in the premarket session. The 50-day average daily volume for AtriCure is 27,000, according to the Nasdaq.Elsewhere, Synergetics USA (SURG) rose by 18 cents, or 6.6%, to $2.91 in the premarket session after the medical device company posted third-quarter earnings of 13 cents a share, which is up from a profit of 3 cents a share in the year-ago period. The 50-day average daily volume for Synergetics is 135,000.
|More on Biotech 14 Biotech Stocks Facing FDA Approval|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV