By David Russell of optionMonster
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Below is a compilation of some important stories that ran Monday on optionMONSTER.com. optionMONSTER was co-founded by Deep in the Money Calls author Pete Najarian and uses advanced monitoring systems to detect trading patterns by large institutional traders and retail investors.
Many weapons in volatility trading: Volatility trading is taking off, both in terms of volume and trading vehicles, but choosing your strategy is the key to getting it right.
DRJ says in chaos there is opportunity: Many of you may elect to keep your powder dry, as Jon says, but the opportunities can be amazing for those brave enough to venture into the fray. Case in point: US Airways (LCC).Mattel (MAT) pops along with bullish play: Today's trade is apparently betting that the toy maker has had a pullback within a long-term uptrend and now wants to ride the rally. Lexmark (LXK) buyers adding protection: The computer printer company has been holding up better than most rivals, and now buyers are cautiously adding to positions. KeyCorp (KEY) draws three-way spread: The bank holding company doesn't get much in the way of options volume, but an interesting three-way spread is noteworthy today.
Monday Pre-Market:Financials hold back full-scale rally: If the financials don't participate on the upside, the upside will be limited. Why they turned red this morning is a bit of a mystery. Brinks (BCO) attracts heavy call buying: The armored-car company has been trapped between $20 and $30 since November 2008, and the bears have driven the stock back to the low end of that range. Range-bound trade in Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMI): The drug company rose Friday after citing "clear evidence" its Apixaban medicine succeeded in reducing the risk of strokes in patients with irregular heartbeats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV