NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's Daily ETF Winners and Losers. Be sure to stop by each day to get a feel of who's winning and who's losing when it comes to ETFs.
Market Vectors Poland ETF (PLND) 4.8%The Polish markets surged on Monday, powering PLND and the newer iShares MSCI Poland Investable Market Index Fund (EPOL) higher.
On Monday, strength from the euro helped lift confidence in the global economic recovery.
United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) 4.0%A forecast for hot weather is leading investors to anticipate a welcomed uptick in demand for natural gas.
Since the end of May, UNG has seen an impressive rally, erasing a good portion of the losses felt during the opening months of 2010. With BP's busted well still pouring oil into the Gulf of Mexico, I expect the sentiment toward natural gas to only get better. However, UNG is not the best way to play this fuel. Instead, investors should use an equity-based product such as First Trust Revere-ISE Natural Gas Index ETF (FCG).
iShares MSCI Italy Index Fund (EWI) 2.9%Strength in the euro lifted some of the more troubled euro-bloc nations. Italy was the largest beneficiary of the group despite seeing its national debt flirt with €2 trillion. Over the weekend, Italy's minister of the economy announced that starting next year, EU countries will coordinate budgets. Previously, each nation structured their budget independently.
PowerShares Wilderhill Clean Energy Portfolio (PBW) 1.6%The PowerShares Clean Energy ETF has tumbled along with the rest of the market in recent weeks. However BP's troubles in the Gulf of Mexico are highlighting the darkest qualities of the oil industry and putting alternative energy firms into the favorable spotlight.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV