Shares of Marshall & Ilsley (MI) of Milwaukee closed at $7.78 Thursday or 0.9 times tangible book value. The stock was up 43% year-to-date.
TARP Status: The company owes $1.7 billion in TARP money, and has been making its dividend payments on government-held preferred shares.
Capital: Marshall & Ilsley's Tier 1 leverage ratio was 9.36% and its total risk-based capital ratio was 14.47% as of March 31. Guggenheim analyst Marty Mosby, in his report initiating his firm's coverage of M&I with a "Buy" rating, says the company "does not have
|Who Owns Marshall & Ilsley?|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV