Research Frontiers Demonstrates SPD-Smart Windows Establishing New Benchmarks Of Performance And Invites The Smart Glass Industry To Participate In Side-by-Side Public Evaluations And Comparisons
WOODBURY, N.Y., June 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research Frontiers Inc. (Nasdaq:REFR), the developer and licensor of SPD-Smart™ light-control technology, demonstrated at its Annual Meeting of Stockholders last Thursday new benchmarks of performance for the smart glass industry, and invited all industry participants to contribute products and provide data for side-by-side public evaluations and comparisons.
Standing next to two large smart architectural window panels and a smart aircraft dimmable window, all using Research Frontiers' patented SPD-Smart light-control technology, Research Frontiers' President and CEO Joseph M. Harary invited other smart window industry participants, particularly those offering electrochromic products, to publish a more complete combination of performance data and key performance specifications about their products.
Mr. Harary also invited other smart window companies to join Research Frontiers in its efforts to educate the public by contributing full-sized product samples to their industry peers for public comparison at upcoming major trade shows this Fall, and participating in focus group studies and panel discussions.At the Research Frontiers Annual Meeting several SPD-Smart products were demonstrated:
- Two large architectural panels that were 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall which were set to automatically switch between their darkest tint and their clearest tint within seconds, and also were operable manually via a small remote control.
- An aircraft window which achieved 99.96% light blockage and permitted passengers to adjust their shading to any level from clear to dark within seconds and achieve 100% privacy in a fraction of one second.
- Two automobiles equipped with SPD-Smart sunroofs, side windows and sun visors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV