Research Frontiers Demonstrates SPD-Smart Windows Establishing New Benchmarks Of Performance And Invites The Smart Glass Industry To Participate In Side-by-Side Public Evaluations And Comparisons
WOODBURY, N.Y., June 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research Frontiers Inc. (Nasdaq:REFR), the developer and licensor of SPD-Smart™ light-control technology, demonstrated at its Annual Meeting of Stockholders last Thursday new benchmarks of performance for the smart glass industry, and invited all industry participants to contribute products and provide data for side-by-side public evaluations and comparisons.
Standing next to two large smart architectural window panels and a smart aircraft dimmable window, all using Research Frontiers' patented SPD-Smart light-control technology, Research Frontiers' President and CEO Joseph M. Harary invited other smart window industry participants, particularly those offering electrochromic products, to publish a more complete combination of performance data and key performance specifications about their products.
Mr. Harary also invited other smart window companies to join Research Frontiers in its efforts to educate the public by contributing full-sized product samples to their industry peers for public comparison at upcoming major trade shows this Fall, and participating in focus group studies and panel discussions.At the Research Frontiers Annual Meeting several SPD-Smart products were demonstrated:
- Two large architectural panels that were 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall which were set to automatically switch between their darkest tint and their clearest tint within seconds, and also were operable manually via a small remote control.
- An aircraft window which achieved 99.96% light blockage and permitted passengers to adjust their shading to any level from clear to dark within seconds and achieve 100% privacy in a fraction of one second.
- Two automobiles equipped with SPD-Smart sunroofs, side windows and sun visors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV