AXA Confirmed Today It Is In Discussion To Dispose Part Of Its UK Life & Savings Operations
PARIS, June 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In response to recent press speculation, AXA confirms that it is in discussions with Resolution Ltd regarding a potential transaction concerning part of AXA's life & savings operations in the UK.
If implemented, this transaction would result in AXA retaining its market leading AXA Wealth Management and AXA Direct Protection businesses and selling the remainder of its UK life & savings business to Resolution Ltd.
AXA Wealth Management comprises AXA's wrap platform ('Elevate'), Architas Multi-Manager, AXA Isle of Man and the AXA Winterthur Wealth Management specialist pensions and investments operations. This capital light business represented 41% of total UK APE in 2009.
The proposed transaction currently under discussion contemplates an aggregate purchase price of 2.75 billion pounds Sterling (or ca. Euro 3.3 billion). The purchase price would be payable in a combination of cash for 2.25 billion pounds (or ca. Euro 2.7 billion) and Senior Deferred Consideration Notes for 0.50 billion pounds (or ca. Euro 0.6 billion).In the event that the parties reach a definitive agreement and the transaction is completed, it would have the following principal impacts on AXA:
- Ca. Euro 1.4 billion exceptional capital loss accounted for in net income in 2010,
- +4 pts on Solvency I, which was estimated above 180% at March 31, 2010,
- -1 pt on debt gearing, which was 26% at December 31, 2009
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV