Gabelli Global Multimedia Trust Annual Meeting Of Shareholders To Continue June 23, 2010
The Gabelli Global Multimedia Trust Inc. (NYSE:GGT) (the “Fund”) announced today that its 2010 Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the “Meeting”) will be continued on June 23, 2010 at 8:00 a.m. at The Cole Auditorium, The Greenwich Public Library, 101 West Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. The record date for the Meeting remains April 1, 2010. Proxies properly submitted between June 8, 2010 and the closing of the polls at the Meeting, together with all proxies and ballots previously submitted on or before June 8, 2010, will be presented at the Meeting unless properly revoked.
On June 8, 2010, the Meeting was adjourned by Mario J. Gabelli, Chairman of the Board of the Fund, acting in the capacity as Chairman of the Meeting, prior to the conduct of formal business or the opening of the polls due to uncertainty as to whether a quorum was present. In particular, the uncertainty was based on a question raised by Mr. Gabelli as to the ability of a large shareholder of the Fund to vote its shares at the Meeting in light of its filing beneficial ownership reports on Schedule 13G rather than on Schedule 13D. At the continuation of the Meeting on June 23, 2010, the independent inspector of election will determine which shareholders are entitled to vote and whether a quorum is present.
The Gabelli Global Multimedia Trust Inc. is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company with $138 million in total net assets whose primary investment objective is long-term growth of capital. The Fund is managed by Gabelli Funds, LLC, a subsidiary of GAMCO Investors, Inc. (NYSE:GBL), which is a publicly traded NYSE listed company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV