Call it hardball or capitalism in its purest form, but Apple's autocratic approach to business and the current sway its products have in the market have been nothing but punishment for other players.
Sure, to the winner go the spoils and all that -- Apple shares are up ten-fold in the past 10 years. But unlike past stock rockets riding surging tech trends, Apple's rise has not been particularly uplifting for investors outside Apple.
In fact, Apple is killing tech as we know it. Some examples:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV