Celgene is hitting all its numbers and had a great ASCO but the stock is trading near its lows for the year. Doesn't make sense to me, but then big-cap biotech, in general, is so out of favor right now.
In the under-$5 stock category, the best data I saw at ASCO was from Ziopharm Oncology (ZIOP) and its experimental drug palifosfamide in soft-tissue sarcoma. A phase III study is expected to start in the middle of this year.
Thank you, Wilford D.W. III! He emails , "Adam, when people are so negative in their comments towards you, they need to take their negativity somewhere else. The Sunesis Pharmaceuticals (SNSS) and Delcath Systems people were particularly vitriolic in their negative comments. Frankly, if I were you, I would not publish any of the demeaning comments directed your way. These small-minded people apparently cannot tolerate any comment that does not extol the virtues of their darling stock."People make money when they can objectively evaluate a company. Blind devotion to any company (or any cause for that matter) will cloud any objectivity towards that company. I thought your reporting was even-handed and fair. I appreciate the job you did at the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV