Corporate rebranding has a sketchy history. Honest attempts to reinvigorate faded brands, or to reflect changed strategies, are more often overshadowed by attempts to bury major corporate crises, and mask ugly reputations.
Think Xe Services, formerly known as Blackwater, or Altria (MO), formerly known as Philip Morris.
BP recently caught flack from President Obama for spending tons of dough on advertising to try to revive its public image while the costs from the oil spill are unquantifiable. In a rare turn of good news for financially embattled BP, the oil spill company does not have to spend one penny on trotting out a new corporate logo.There are suggestions aplenty flooding the Internet for a new graphical BP. Corporate logos change even more often than corporate brand names, with U.S. stock market giants like PepsiCo (PEP) and Wal-Mart (WMT) constantly perfecting the logo colors and swirls as if they were a market version of a mad Vincent Van Gogh. There are minor modifications over time, such as the blue star stand-in for the hyphen that once appeared between "Wal" and "Mart," more recently becoming a festive, yellow sparkle up on the entrances to actual Wal-Mart stores. The suggestions for a new BP corporate brand logo, though, are of the more drastic variety. On the following pages are 10 BP Logo Redesign Ideas submitted to the graphically democratic web site www.logomyway.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV