(Google hot trends story updated with McDonald's and Allscripts search terms)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- McDonald's (MCD) has become a trending topic on Google as the company tells customers that it will offer $3 refunds to those who bought the recently-recalled, cadmium-tainted Shrek drinking glasses that were sold at McDonald's restaurants across the country.
These glasses were on sale for $1.99 with a meal purchase, and $2.49 without it.
Customers can obtain the refund by returning the glasses at a McDonald's restaurant and completing a refund form.
Receipts aren't needed to get the refund.
Another hot search term on Google Wednesday afternoon is Allscripts (MDRX), as the company agrees to purchase Eclipsys Corp. (ECLP) for $1.3 billion in stock. The combination is intended to result in a software entity that enables doctors and hospitals in the U.S. to share patients' records.
This morning, World of Warcraft, by Activision Blizzard's (ATVI) Blizzard Entertainment subsidiary, was a trending topic on Google, as the game server got shutdown during a system upgrade. Reports are saying that Blizzard's World of Warcraft servers will be down for about a day as the company introduces its new Cataclysm Patch chapter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV