Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) makes computer hardware and offers consulting services worldwide. Since 2007, it has increased revenue 7.4% annually, on average, and boosted earnings per share 16% a year. Its stock has remained flat over that period.
Quarter: Fiscal second-quarter profit increased 28% to $2.2 billion, or 91 cents a share, as revenue grew 13%. The operating margin inched up from 9% to 10%. Hewlett-Packard has $14 billion of cash and $18 billion of debt, equal to a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.4.
Stock: Hewlett-Packard has advanced 22% in the past year, beating indices. Its PEG ratio, a measure of value relative to growth, of 0.3 reflects a 70% discount to estimated fair value. Its price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 9.1 is 44% below the peer average.Consensus: Of analysts covering Hewlett-Packard, 28, or 80%, advise purchasing its shares and seven recommend holding them. Citigroup (C) offers a target of $65, leaving a potential return of 42%. Goldman Sachs (GS) predicts the stock will hit $62.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV