Quality Systems last paid a special dividend of a dollar a share in February 2007. The regular quarterly payout is 30 cents a share, for a yield of 2.13% based on Friday's closing price of $56.29.
Net income was $13.1 million, or 45 cents a share, for the fiscal fourth quarter ended March 31, trailing Wall Street's average analysts' estimate of 49 cents a share, but still up 15% from a profit of $11.4 million, or 40 cents a share, in the same period a year earlier. Revenue for the fiscal fourth quarter was $78.5 million, up 19% from last year's equivalent period.Quality Systems acquired clinical information systems provider Opus Healthcare Solutions on Feb. 10, and announced on June 3 that its NextGen Healthcare division (which now includes Opus) had signed up five critical-access hospitals to implement the company's clinical IS software. In a report supporting a "Market Perform" or neutral rating on the shares, JPM Securities analyst Constantine Davides cautioned that the company's investments came ahead of the expected sales rise coming from federal stimulus spending. Davides also cited the recent departure of COO Philip Kaplan, who was named to his position just last September. The company didn't provide a reason for Mr. Kaplan's departure. On a more bullish note, Leerink Swan analyst George Hill has an "Outperform" rating on the shares, and values the stock at between $61 and $65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV