8. Micrel Inc. (MCRL) is based in San Jose, Calif. and operates as Micrel Semiconductor, manufacturing and marketing integrated circuits, including analog and power semiconductors, Ethernet switch and physical layer transceiver circuits. The stock is rated a B (Good) by TheStreet Ratings.
The company reported first-quarter net income of $9.7 million, or 16 cents a share, for the first quarter, a six-fold increase over the first quarter of 2009, when Micrel was suffering the effects of a major decline in IT spending amid the economic crisis.
Micrel pays a regular quarterly dividend of 3.5 cents a share, good for a yield of 1.33% based on Friday's closing price of $10.49.Thomas Weisel Partners analyst Tore Svanberg rates the shares "Overweight," roughly the equivalent of a "Buy" rating, saying: "Micrel's bookings momentum remains healthy, especially for new products." Svanberg's 12-month price target for the shares is $16, which would represent 53% appreciation from Friday's close.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV