Hoping for something more, investors booked profits and sent Apple shares down 2% after the presentation.
Apple chief Steve Jobs, who hosted the iPhone ceremony that was live-blogged by TheStreet from the Moscone Center in San Francisco, said that the new iPhone will start at $199 and will be available on June 24 in five countries.
As expected, Apple cut the price of the current iPhone 3GS to $99. And in an effort presumably to lock in subscribers ahead of a
(VZ) iPhone arrival later this year or next year,
(T) says it will allow customers whose contracts expire this year to upgrade at the subsidized price.
Apple Conference 2010
New iPhone: Thinnest Smartphone Ever
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV