NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Just because a fund is called an Eastern Europe ETF, doesn't mean it's an Eastern Europe ETF.
Last week, Hungary shook the region when politicians made negative comments about the country's debt situation. Investors looking to broad Eastern European ETFs may be looking in the wrong place if they wanted to see the impact and play a rebound.
Emerging market funds have performed poorly this year. For instance, global emerging market funds such as iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index (EEM) and Vanguard Emerging Markets (VWO) have underperformed the S&P 500 in the past three months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV