Crystallex International, Sprint Nextel: Early Volume Plays
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Crystallex International (KRY) was one of several stocks trading near $5 poised to move on above-average volume Monday after the Canadian gold producer announced a partnership deal.
Crystallex International said it has signed an agreement with China Railway Resources Group to create a strategic partnership for the development of the Las Cristinas gold project in Bolivar State, Venezuela.
Crystallex shares surged by 29 cents, or 53.7%, to 83 cents in the premarket session. The three-month average daily volume for Crystallex is 911,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Elsewhere, Sprint Nextel (S) rose 18 cents, or 3.8%, to $4.96 in the premarket session after the wireless company said Friday sales of the HTC EVO 4G marked the "largest quantity of a single phone sold in one day ever" for Sprint. Sales led to temporary shortages of the device at some of the 22,000 sales locations in the U.S., Sprint said. The three-month average daily volume for Sprint is 69.89 million.
Stocks Under $5
Top 10 Buy-Rated Stocks Under $5
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV