Crystallex International, Sprint Nextel: Early Volume Plays
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Crystallex International (KRY) was one of several stocks trading near $5 poised to move on above-average volume Monday after the Canadian gold producer announced a partnership deal.
Crystallex International said it has signed an agreement with China Railway Resources Group to create a strategic partnership for the development of the Las Cristinas gold project in Bolivar State, Venezuela.
Crystallex shares surged by 29 cents, or 53.7%, to 83 cents in the premarket session. The three-month average daily volume for Crystallex is 911,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.
(S) rose 18 cents, or 3.8%, to $4.96 in the premarket session after the wireless company said Friday sales of the
HTC EVO 4G marked the "largest quantity of a single phone sold in one day ever" for Sprint. Sales led to temporary shortages of the device at some of the 22,000 sales locations in the U.S., Sprint said. The three-month average daily volume for Sprint is 69.89 million.
Stocks Under $5
Top 10 Buy-Rated Stocks Under $5
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV