Bank Of South Carolina Ranked Top Community Bank In South Carolina
CHARLESTON, S.C., June 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Bank of South Carolina Corporation (Nasdaq: BKSC) (the "Company"), parent holding company of The Bank of South Carolina (the "Bank"), has been recognized by U.S. Banker magazine as 78th among the top 200 publicly traded community banks and thrifts in the United States with less than $2 billion of assets at December 31, 2009.
The listing, which appears in the June 2010 edition of U.S. Banker magazine, was compiled by rating the top 200 trading community banks and thrifts in the United States with less than $2 billion of assets ranked by 3-year average return on equity (ROE) as of December 31, 2009. Of the top 200 publicly traded community banks and thrifts identified in the U.S. Banker rankings, The Bank of South Carolina Corporation ranks 78th, with an 11.10% 3-year average ROE. This was the highest ranking among community banks in South Carolina.
Hugh C. Lane, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company stated, "We are pleased to be recognized by U.S. Banker magazine for the second year in a row. This ranking reflects our commitment to sticking to basic banking principles which has rewarded the Company with strong capital, liquidity, earnings and asset quality, all key strengths for a bank.
The Bank of South Carolina, a De Novo Charter, which opened in 1987 at 256 Meeting Street, has offices in Summerville, Mt. Pleasant, and the West Ashley community. Our website is www.banksc.com. Bank of South Carolina Corporation currently trades its common stock on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol "BKSC". Select market makers for Bank of South Carolina Corporation Common Stock are: Knight Equity Markets, LP and USB Securities, LLC.SOURCE Bank of South Carolina Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV