Tiger Woods to Appear in Comic Ads
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tiger Woods' marital infidelities and the resulting scandal are drifting quickly into the past -- at least judging by Electronic Arts' (ERTS) decision to cast the golfer in a humorous light in an ad campaign for its latest Tiger Woods PGA Tour video game.
EA Sports, in anticipation of the product's launch on June 8, has released a new Tiger Woods commercial and the first in a series of online videos.
The ads -- which highlight this year's Ryder Cup and carry the titles "Welcome to Team Golf" and "Curling Meets Golf, with Tiger Woods" -- debuted Thursday on a Facebook page created by EA for the video game.
The comic turn for Woods comes after what many considered Tiger's strange and disturbing role in an ad for Nike (NKE) in April. This will be Tiger's second major appearance in an ad since his return to professional golf at the Masters. EA Sports said the commercial will appear on various popular sports and gaming websites beginning on June 4. -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV