Tiger Woods to Appear in Comic Ads
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tiger Woods' marital infidelities and the resulting scandal are drifting quickly into the past -- at least judging by Electronic Arts' (ERTS) decision to cast the golfer in a humorous light in an ad campaign for its latest Tiger Woods PGA Tour video game.
EA Sports, in anticipation of the product's launch on June 8, has released a new Tiger Woods commercial and the first in a series of online videos.
The ads -- which highlight this year's Ryder Cup and carry the titles "Welcome to Team Golf" and "Curling Meets Golf, with Tiger Woods" -- debuted Thursday on a Facebook page created by EA for the video game.
The comic turn for Woods comes after what many considered Tiger's strange and disturbing role in an ad for Nike (NKE) in April. This will be Tiger's second major appearance in an ad since his return to professional golf at the Masters. EA Sports said the commercial will appear on various popular sports and gaming websites beginning on June 4. -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV