Abercrombie & Fitch Reports May Sales Results
NEW ALBANY, Ohio, June 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) today reported net sales of $197.6 million for the four-week period ended May 29, 2010, a 10% increase from net sales of $179.0 million for the four-week period ended May 30, 2009. May comparable store sales decreased 3%. For the fiscal month, total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 34% to $19.2 million. For the fiscal month, total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 84% to $36.9 million.
Year-to-date, the Company reported net sales of $885.4 million, a 13% increase from net sales of $780.7 million last year. Comparable store sales increased 1% for the year-to-date period. Year- to-date, total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 40% to $88.0 million. Year-to-date, total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 98% to $155.9 million.
Additional information regarding sales for fiscal May can be found in a pre-recorded message accessible by dialing (800) 395-0662, or, internationally, by dialing (402) 220-1262.
May 2010 Highlights
- Total Company net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 10%
- Total Company domestic net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 1%
- Total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 84%
- Total Company comparable store sales decreased 3%
- Total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 34%
- Abercrombie & Fitch comparable store sales increased 2%
- abercrombie kids comparable store sales decreased 10%
- Hollister Co. comparable store sales decreased 6%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV